Well Bless Your Heart Eh

Sunday, September 26, 2010

How do we do it?

I got an email this morning from one of the women who helped raise me. She was concerned as I hadn’t updated the blog for a few weeks. I started a new job at the beginning of August and I am still figuring out how to juggle everything. I’m not quite sure how my mom went back to college, got another degree and then taught Kindergarten. She didn’t have the resources I had, but she did have good friends to help her.

I started thinking about the things that make my life a bit more manageable—perhaps I should let you in on them?

1. e-mealz- this is a menu planning and recipe resource, each week I get a new menu based on what is on sale at the store that I choose. I pay $15 for three months of this service. I hit the store once each week so I save money as well. I’ve completely eliminated the “what’s for dinner?” issue at 5:00 each night.

2. Jazzercise—I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. Jazzercise keeps me in shape, gives me bonding time with other women, introduces me to new music and reduces my stress level. I’m healthier and happier. This is one hour a few times each week, just for me!

3. Motivated Moms- this is a downloadable household organization checklist type thing, it turns housework into a “get it done” situation, little brain required. I find this especially helpful as I have less time at home to get stuff done.

4. Facebook- hokey, I know. I love being able to check on friends and family all in one place. I might not have lots of time, but I do at least get a heads up on birthdays. I also have a good idea of who might need some support or encouragement.

Do you have any other resources that make your life easier?

1 comments:

Kinzie said...

Mint.com!

I'm going to look into the e-mealz ,but do you know if they have vegetarian meal options? What a cool idea!

Post a Comment