Well Bless Your Heart Eh

Saturday, October 29, 2011

365: Tuesday, Oct 4, 2011

img_0635

Biggest Loser snack for today. Every week I make a snack and then post the photo on FB. There’s something about watching The Biggest Loser that makes me hungry! What you don’t see here? The Jazzercise class from earlier in the day. I burned about 600 calories- I can afford to eat like this!

 

Note: I omitted the pecans for my kids. We don’t do nuts in this family! This recipe came from an on-line friend who fixes meals for the cowboys on her ranch. They eat this with breakfast!

Honey Bun Cake

1 yellow cake mix, open the box and reserve 1/2 C for the topping

1 C butter, softened

4 eggs

8 oz sour cream

1/4 C milk

1/2 C. br. sugar

1/2 C chopped pecans

2 t cinnamon

1 C powdered sugar

1 t vanilla

1 T milk

Reserve 1/2 C dry cake mix. Mix the rest of the mix with butter, eggs, milk and sour cream. Pour 1/2 of the mixture in to a 9 by 13 inch greased pan. In a small bowl, mix the pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and reserved cake mix. Sprinkle this over the cake mixture in the pan. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. (40 if using a stoneware rectangle baker) Poke holes in the warm cake with a fork and spread with a glaze made from the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk.

0 comments:

Post a Comment